WELDER JOB DESCRIPTION
Welds and assembles metal components to build pressure vessels.
Employee must be able to:
- Attend work on the schedule established by Enerfab and without excessive absenteeism.
- Follow all safe work practices.
- Obtain parts and materials.
- Access area to be welded by climbing ladder or scaffolding if needed.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edges of work piece.
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding).
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Tack assemblies together.
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for pressure vessels
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, etc.
- Clean up work area daily.
- Lift more than 50 pounds
- Be able to stand on feet for 10 hours at a time. Be able to enter confined spaces for up to 10 hours at a time.
Understand and apply welding techniques; work quickly and skillfully with the hands; accept responsibility for the work performed; visualize what the finished product should look like; operate welding equipment with skill.
- Steel/Metal Alloys experience needed
- Pass vertical and horizontal MIG, TIG and Stick welding tests
- Mechanical w/hydraulics